From Humble Beginnings
The Tritone Expo was started originally to be a casual gathering of like-minded music enthusiasts from the St. Louis area — with the first Expo taking residence in the modest community room of the Metropolitan Artist Lofts in Grand Center on March 21st, 2015. A smattering of 26 vendors crowded into the tiny space — spanning genres of electric and acoustic guitar builders, custom amp makers, recording studios, boutique pro-audio manufacturers, and music-related non-profits and artists — and over the course of 5 hours, nearly 1,000 people came through the doors, having heard about the event completely through word-of-mouth and a small amount of earned media coverage.
The response to the event was way beyond our expectations. Not only did multiple vendors make sales at the event, but a number of our vendors whose custom products require a longer sales cycle closed deals with people that the met at the Expo over the coming months. One of the attendees was Harry Arader, avid guitarist and Director of Fundamentals at BioSTL, who was so blown away by the level of local craftsmanship and entrepreneurship that was exhibited there that he encouraged us to bring the next Expo to the Cortex Innovation Community campus. And, through his introduction, The CIC, Cortex, and Wexford Properties are now sponsoring the 2016 Tritone Expo, which takes place on April 2nd and 3rd, and by providing us with in the @4240 building, as well as private space owned by the CIC for the event.
To New Heights
The 2016 Tritone Expo will set a new standard for music and technology related shows by combining the modern trade-show experience with the feel of a classic exposition — a first for our industry. Now a weekend-long event, the Expo will feature a wide variety of unique and engaging activities and exhibits that give those in attendance unprecedented access to hand made musical instruments, amplifiers, effects, and accessories, music instruction and education, recording studio operation and equipment, music and performance-related non-profits, music-related art and photography, and family-oriented musical performances — as well as the people behind these efforts. No other event in the region can offer this.
Sponsoring the Tritone Expo can include some fantastic benefits, including, but not limited to…
- Sponsor logo(s) and/or name(s) incorporated on the following Tritone Expo controlled media… Website, Flyers, Email blasts, Social media campaigns (including communication within the private Tritone Collective FB group), Welcome banner(s), On-premise signage, where applicable
- Broadcast appearances, Press releases, Expo-purchased ads, where applicable
- Page dedicated to Facilities Sponsor(s) on The Tritone Expo website.
- Customizable social media mentions from The Tritone Expo's, and founders’, social media accounts
- Advertising in the official Expo program.
- Joint press efforts in print, radio, and television to publicize the partnership of The Tritone Expo and our Facilities Sponsor(s).
- Guest list spots for sponsor staff, families, and friends to attend the Expo and after parties.
- A table in the Expo Exhibitor Hall.
- Naming rights for certain rooms/halls/zones of the Expo.